During the March 20 Town Council meeting, members had a sealed bid opening for trash/recycling providers. We received three trash/recycling bids (Waste Management, Republic Services and Priority). Priority has been determined to be the lowest responsive and responsible bidder.
- We are finalizing contracts.
- There are NO anticipated disruptions to residential trash and recycling services.
- Town Council is working to schedule a meeting to establish an ordinance adopting the new rates. Our current trash/recycling monthly rate to residents in the urban service district is $9.90 for weekly trash and bi-weekly recycling collection. In their bid, Priority submitted monthly rates of $11.95, $12.31 and $12.68 for the next three years at the same service level and schedule. This is a very competitive rate!
- We’re currently in communication with Priority about the upcoming processes.
- Residents will receive a mailer with info in the near future.
- It's still business as usual for residents so please continue to place trash/recycling containers as you have.
We will continue to keep you updated through digital media channels and mailers.