The Zionsville Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Patrol Officer. The application can be found HERE.
Tentative Applicant Screening Schedule:
- Dec. 10th - Physical/Written Testing
- Jan. 3rd-4th – Board Interviews
- Jan. 9th - Conditional Offers
- Jan. 11th-26th - Polygraphs
- Jan. 2nd-Jan 31st - Backgrounds
- Feb. 6th-7th – Command Staff Interviews
- Feb. 26th - 29th – Psychological and Medical Examinations
- Mar. 20th - Pension Board Approval
- Apr. 22nd - Hire Date
ZPD is seeking qualified and motivated lateral and non-lateral applicants for this position.
About Zionsville Police Department
The Zionsville Police Department provides police service for a total of over 30,000 urban and rural residents over 67 square miles with an authorized force of 45 full-time, sworn officers. The Town of Zionsville is home to an incredible school system, flourishing small business footprint, and a robust trail and parks system, making it a great place to live and work. Personnel are assigned in a variety of positions, including patrol, investigations, special investigations, police partners, etc.
DUE TO THE SENSITIVE NATURE OF POLICE WORK, ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET CERTAIN REQUIREMENTS. Below is a list of the minimum requirements for police officer applicants to the Zionsville Police Department.
The Zionsville Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Requirements for Zionsville Police Department Applicants
- Must be a high school graduate, as evidenced by a transcript issued by an accredited high school. An achievement test certificate from an accredited high school or State Board of Education is acceptable.
- Shall possess a valid Indiana driver’s license (or obtain one within 60 days of becoming an Indiana resident).
- Shall be a US citizen.
- Shall be at least 21 years of age, and under the age of 40 at date of hire unless already enrolled in the PERF 77 retirement program. Applicants with 20 years of credible military service have the maximum age waived to 40 years and 6 months.
- Shall be drug-free and have no convictions for driving under the influence of drugs.
- Shall have no more than two (2) alcohol-related violations as a minor (18-20 years of age).
- Shall have no felony convictions.
- Shall not have received other than an honorable discharge from the military, or other discharge with honorable conditions.
- If hired, shall establish residency as required by state law or local ordinance.
- No recreational use of Marijuana or a derivative within past year.
- Non-prescribed prescription drug usage will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- No history schedule 1 drug usage (with the exception of marijuana - see above).
- No history of sales or dealing in controlled substances.
- No conviction for domestic violence-related offenses
- No conviction for OWI within the past 5 years
- No pending misdemeanor or felony cases
- No dishonorable discharge from the military
- Must not falsify or omit any part of the employment application
- Must not falsify, fabricate, or fail to report job-related information
- No felonies committed as an adult, juvenile cases will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Recent or excessive license suspension or revocations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
This is not a comprehensive list. Other immediate disqualifiers may exist and will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
2024 Salary and Benefits
- Entry Level Pay (Non-lateral) - $73,257
- Lateral Entry Pay - $79,995
- 20 Year Retirement Eligibility
- $1,500 Annual Clothing Allowance
- Longevity Bonus (up to $5,550 annually)
- Annual College Incentive Pay (Associates - $1,000, Bachelors - $2,000, Masters - $2,500)
- Night Shift and Weekend Differential Pay (up to $3,120 annually)
- Bilingual Pay Incentives
- Take-Home Vehicle
- Equipment Provided
- Special Overtime Details (as available)
- Generous Town Matching 457B
- Town Fully-Funded PERF 77 Retirement Fund
- Ongoing Training
- Advancement Opportunities
- Specialized Units
- On-Site Physical Fitness Facility
- Year 1 - 80 Hours Paid Time Off
- Year 2 - 120 Hours Paid Time Off
- 16 Floating Holidays for 2023
- Sick Time accrual up to 400 hours
- Specialty Pays for Selected Assignments
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Physical Agility Requirements
(Per Indiana State Law Enforcement Academy Exit Standards)
|Run||1.5 mile||16 minutes 28 seconds|
|Sit-ups||1 minute||29 total|
|Run||300 meter||71 seconds|