Right of Way Management and Permits

Permit Requirements

A permit is required for any work within Public Right-of-Way including alleys, sidewalks and bicycle/pedestrian walkways. This form will soon be available online.

A permit is not required to repair a driveway upon private property. However, if your driveway repair or replacement involves relocation, touches a public street, sidewalk, alley or walkway or is within the public right of way of any street, you will need to apply for the Construction with the Public Right-of-Way, Alley, Sidewalk, Bicycle/Pedestrian Walkway permit. Please view and download the Application for Construction in the Public ROW.

All other construction permit applications can be found by contacting the Department of Planning and Economic Development or calling 317-873-8247.

Click here to view the Broadband Ready Ordinance.
  1. Public Works

    Physical Address
    1100 W Oak Street
    Zionsville, IN 46077

    Fax: 317-733-2275

  2. Roger Collins

    Roger Collins

    Right-of-Way Manager