Get Up. Get Out. Volunteer!
Volunteering with Zionsville Parks and Recreation is a satisfying way of giving back to your community while enjoying the beauty of the parks.
Zionsville Parks and Recreation offers fun and educational volunteer opportunities for adults, youth-14 years and older, community organizations, student projects and corporate groups. The mission of our volunteer program is to promote community involvement through rewarding volunteer opportunities that support the needs and mission of Zionsville Parks and Recreation. Consider joining our Volunteer Team.
- Satisfaction of having a direct impact on the park land, education, and recreation efforts of Zionsville Parks
- Meet new people who share the same passion for our Zionsville Parks
- Attend fun recognition events
- Expand your knowledge, keep active, make a positive impact to your community
Volunteering requires three steps:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Zionsville Parks volunteer. Volunteers are integral to our day-to-day operations and the overall success of the programs and services we offer. Our work would not be possible without the dedication, passion, and determination volunteers brings to our community.
- Volunteer Application Form
- Attend an interview.
- Receive your volunteer assignment and start volunteering!
Under the age of 18?
- Youth under 16 years old are permitted to volunteer with a parent or guardian during our Community Service Days
- Youth aged 14-17 can participate in our Teens Toward Success Volunteer Program with parent or guardian permission.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, complete a Volunteer Application Form and email to Mindy Murdock, firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your application, you will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Group and One-time Volunteer Opportunities
Are you interested in donating your time and talents to Zionsville Parks but don’t want to make a long-term commitment? The park department offers group and one-time volunteer community service opportunities for those seeking to give back to the community. Projects vary by season and need. One-time volunteers do not need to fill out an application, but you will be required to complete a waiver form before participating.
Community Service Days
The Zionsville Parks and Recreation Department provides opportunities for community members aged 16 years and older. If a volunteer is under the age of 16, they must be accompanied by an adult parent or guardian. These events generally last 2-3 hours and are the perfect opportunity to spend some time giving back or fulfilling a service hour requirement.
- Pull for Parks – Garlic Mustard Pulls
- Trails Workdays
- Honeysuckle Removal - Weed Wrangle
- Eagle Creek Cleanup
For questions about volunteer opportunities or the volunteer program, please contact Director of Recreation Services, Mindy Murdock at email@example.com.