Coronavirus Town Preparedness Update
This page is updated when new information becomes available.
Reopening Zionsville Town Hall
With Gov. Holcomb’s announcement of Indiana moving into Stage 5 of the Back on Track Plan, the Town of Zionsville is making steps to reopen Zionsville Town Hall to the public. Early on, the Town of Zionsville adopted safety procedures within Town Hall to keep employees safe in their working environment. These safety procedures, including a mandatory health screening, mandatory mask requirement, physical partitions in various locations, limiting meeting room usage, protocols to ensure employees practice social distancing and sanitizing stations in high touch areas, will remain in place.
Safety procedures are critical to mitigating the spread of COVID-19 to staff, their families and the community. As the state opens up, there could be an increased spread of the virus. At Town Hall, we will continue to remain vigilant and seek the advice of local, state and national entities.
What You Need To Know
- Zionsville Town Hall will reopen to the public beginning Monday, Oct. 5 with guidelines to keep everyone safe:
- Upon entry, visitors must do a health screening that includes a temperature check.
- Everyone entering the building will be required to wear a face covering with the exception of children under two and those with medical conditions.
- Everyone will be required to maintain social distancing of at least six feet and Town Hall will have social distancing indicators throughout the building.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the building.
- To maintain social distancing, there will be a limited number of people allowed inside departments and departmental offices at one time. It is highly recommended that visitors call or email to make an appointment in advance.
- Visitors are still encouraged to complete forms and payments online or via the parking lot dropbox. Many town services can be accessed online, by phone or by email including permitting, scheduling inspections and paying bills. For questions or more information, reach our departments by phone Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- General Town of Zionsville: (317) 873-5410
- Zionsville Planning & Economic Development: (317) 873-8247
- Zionsville Parks & Recreation: (317) 733-2273
- Zionsville Street & Stormwater: (317) 873-4544, Zionsville Street & Stormwater Emergency Line: (317) 903-9206
- Zionsville Wastewater: (317) 873-2332
- Zionsville Town Court: (317) 873-8240
- Zionsville Fire Department: (317) 873-5358
- Zionsville Police Department: (317) 873-5967
For the safety of staff and the community, only one meeting room will be available for public meetings – the Council Chambers room. The Council Chambers room will be available on a limited basis and only during regular business hours. Please contact Carol Johnson for more information.
Board and Commission meetings will continue to take place virtually via Zoom and available for viewing via the Town of Zionsville YouTube channel, with some meetings taking place in a hybrid manner (both virtual and on-site with limited capacity). For more information, view meeting agendas here.
Message from Ray’s Trash Service
Ray’s would like to ask for your assistance in dealing with the potential spread of COVID-19. We ask that customers BAG ALL TRASH before placing it in the proper waste container for collection. By making sure all loose trash items are bagged, this mitigates the risk of Ray’s collectors coming in contact with any potentially contaminated items. RECYCLABLES should remain loose in the container and kept free of contamination.